Sunday, August 17, 2008

Re-Connected

Okay, so I finally got the Internet again. Charter (the Internet company) took a while getting here (I guess it didn't help that I was only available weekends) but they got everything set up.

The first two weeks at Epic (hello, all my co-workers reading this) have been pretty good. I've been meeting a lot of new people and doing a lot of orientation and training. I did get an opportunity to do some semi-hands-on stuff this past week and I really liked it. I'm really looking forward to finishing up training.

My new apartment is pretty nice. I'll try to clean it up here pretty soon and take some pictures for all to see. It's on the west side of Madison about 2 1/2 miles away from the office I'll be spending most of my time at. It's spacious, the management is nice and it has a pool (which I haven't tried out yet). I still need to put some effort into furnishing, however: while I do have a couch, TV, kitchen table and Xbox, I still need to get a bed (I've been sleeping on a portable mattress), a dresser, chairs and some more living room furniture. Once the money starts coming in it shouldn't be long.

This afternoon I'm probably going to be going to a sweet corn festival in Sun Prairie with some co-workers. I love sweet corn. As for this week, I'll be doing some more training and some more tinkering around with and getting used to things at work. Should be fun!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's the good thing about the Midwest--all those food festivals.

Man...I love sweet corn. Roasted corn, creamed corn, corn bread...corn is friggin' amazing.

Anonymous said...

Weren't you at the staff meeting? Drop the "Systems."

Ted Glomski said...

Touché. Corrected.

Anonymous said...

hi, was googling for a good club in taipei and came up with your blog. which club would you recommend to go on wednesdays?
thanks!
we are 20 students from austria...
my email csaf2862(at)uibk.ac.at