Monday, October 29, 2007

Pictures of my place and what's up

Well, I was originally planning on taking pictures last weekend of my place. Fortunately, I didn't, because last night I was struck with the desire to rearrange my room. I moved an old computer out that came with the room (it's in the den right now just waiting for me to turn it into a media center) and moved some of the shelves I had...well, I could just talk about it or I could show you!



Here's my desk. Behind it was formerly some random shelves to put random stuff, but currently acts as my nightstand. On the floor is blue and green mats that interlock together. One of the main reasons I rearranged my room was to get some more space on the floor to do exercises. Now I can do a push up without bumping my arm into something!



On the left is the two nightstands that came with this room, which I stacked to make some shelving. The big metal thing is my standing wardrobe. It works out pretty well.

Since I was taking pictures of my room, I moved onto the rest of my apartment!



Here's our kitchen. Two gas stoves, stainless steel sink, ample counter space. Works well for me.



On the other side of the kitchen is our shelving, which holds not only all our dry goods but also our toaster oven, microwave, rice cooker, toaster, and blender. Unfortunately there's only 2'4" between the counters and the shelving, so it's tough to walk by people working in the kitchen, much less work in the kitchen at the same time as someone else.



Here's our laundry room. In this room we have our backup fridge, a washer, and a dryer. Note all the clothes hanging in the back; since the weather in Taiwan is always pretty nice we usually don't use the dryer and just hang dry all our clothes. The pile of clothes on the dryer there is mine, which will be hung up right after I write this post (I promise, roomies!)



Our bathroom sink. The bathroom's to the right. The color scheme is too girly, if you ask me. I had to position my self specially so I wouldn't be seen in the reflection of the mirror.



Here's a different perspective of the living room without a bunch of partygoers in it. It's changed since the party, because if you look on the left there is an...



AQUARIUM! My roommates got a bunch of fish last week and are learning the way of raising them. They've only killed two fish so far, which I think is pretty admirable. John thinks that the big yellow one in the tank is probably gonna go soon, because all it does is swim full speed laps around the aquarium and doesn't eat. It's definitely fun to look at.

This past weekend I had a fun time. Not quite on par with Halloween in Madison, but fun nonetheless. On Saturday I spent the day with May, a girl I met at a club a few weeks ago. We hung out at a coffee shop then went to Shilin Night Market. It's the biggest night market in Taiwan, and from what I've seen, the most fun. We ate all sorts of things and played a few carnival games (she's really good at basketball shooting!). After that I went to one of my kickboxing friend's (Amy's) place, where we had a rooftop party. Of course it wasn't quite the view that would be offered by a 34th floor balcony (*cough cough*) but it was a good time. I also randomly met some people who used to go to school at UW Madison, which was quite the coincidence (since it's Halloween in Madison this weekend). I ended up hanging out until 5:30, at which time I caught the 6:00 AM MRT back to my place. I love public transportation.

So, that's what's up. I'm starting to get in a really good groove with things. If things keep staying consistently good I've got some fun little things about Taiwan I can write about, so don't worry, the posts will keep coming! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a pretty nice place, Ted.

Glad you're having fun! Sounds like one hell of an experience.

-Sundberg