Monday, October 22, 2007

WOO PARTY!

Well, I survived the party. The apartment is still standing and no one got arrested or fell off the balcony. I think everyone who came had a great time, including myself. I greatly enjoyed hanging out with my kickboxing classmates outside of kickboxing.

I didn't update right away because I only took one picture with my cellphone camera (since it was dark out and my camera doesn't have flash). However, one of my classmates took a bunch of pictures, which I then took from him (thanks Michal!).

We started out meeting at Chaing Kai Shek Memorial Hall, which is where we meet for kickboxing. We thought it'd be a good central location so everyone knew where it was. By the time we got on the train there were about 20 people. By the time I got back to my place (after picking up a few people who wanted to meet us at the Xindian station) we were about 25.



We started out eating a few things. Tom (gray shirt sitting on couch to the left) brought some Domino's pizzas. I didn't get to try any since I was too busy running around making sure everything was ready. I prepared two veggie plates, a fruit plate, some baguette slices, and dumplings for other foods.



That's some of the liquor I had for the party. The "Hunting Lodge" brand is the cheap brand (NT$200-300 = US$6-9 per bottle) which I got for mixers. I also had some Chopin vodka and Jack Daniels for those who threw in extra money.



Since our roof has a great view, I moved part of the party up there. It was cool and a little windy, but it was a pretty nice atmosphere up there. That's me at the bottom right talking to Janine. A couple more pics:







Funny story about the preceding pic: After we decided to head out to Club Wax, we all jumped on the elevators and began the trek back to the MRT. About 1/3 the way there, one of the guys, Nick, told me that Club Wax doesn't allow sandals. I'd been wearing sandals all night and meant to change into my shoes but I totally forgot! So I ran back to the apartment, grabbed shoes, and ran back to the MRT, where everyone was waiting for me. Thanks to them killing time with this photo, I didn't get separated from them. (Good idea!)



After we got off the MRT, waiting for people in the bathroom. I don't remember gesturing so enthusiastically.



Club Wax, like many of the clubs in Taipei, is all you can drink. For a typical Taiwanese, this means two or three drinks (since their bodies process alcohol differently). For Westerners, like Anders, our Danish kickboxing coach (in foreground), this usually means more than two or three drinks. Don't worry, family, I was responsible in my drinking!

I hitched a cab with one of my classmates who also lives in Xindian. I woke up the next morning quite sore; not from a hangover, but actually from dancing - it hurt to walk around the apartment. The apartment was quite the war zone, as one would expect after 25 people partied. Other than an iPod which was spilled on and one guy who got sick, there wasn't any major disasters. I finally finished cleaning up today and the apartment looks pretty neat. Since it's clean right now, I'll take some pictures soon, since people have been wanting to see my place. Anyways, I'm off to do some homework. Have a good one!

No comments: