Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Other things in my life

I'm getting pretty well back into my regular routine for this semester. The biggest difference from last semester is that I used to eat lunch alone; now I eat with friends I've met through kickboxing or other avenues. I get done with class at 12:10 and sometimes go out to eat then (usually with Michal, a Polish guy I met through kickboxing, or with Ael and Liz, my tripmates to Singapore and Malaysia), or I wait until 1:30 for some other people to be done with class and go eat with them. I've discovered quite a few fun restaurants that way.

As for the weekends, I've been quite busy there too. This past one was especially action-packed. I skipped kickboxing on Saturday to go to a photo shoot. We (some people from Taipei European School, myself, and Ael) went by cab to KHS, which I think is a musical instrument company. We each posed with a few different instruments; for example, I posed with a euphonium and a trombone. (I was a little disappointed since they said I'd get to pose with a tuba.) It was fun; I got to figure out how to play a few notes on the euphonium between shots and I got a little money for my afternoon of "hard work".

This past Sunday I woke up at 5:30 to head to the Taipei Marathon. I went with May and Estefania (May's friend) on the 3k Fun Run. Here's a few snaps from it.



This is the MRT stop at 6:45 in the morning. I don't know how that many people can get up that early.



There was a marching band there! I took a video of them playing Tequila:




May bright and cheery before the run.

After the run (it was more "dodging people" than a run), we ate some breakfast, and we went to our respective places to relax. Later in the afternoon we went to Taipei City Hall where they had a Japanese culture show. They had a lot of really cool stuff there: drum shows, dances, and a mask show, to name a few. They also had a few Taiwanese acts to spice things up a bit. I caught this clip on my camera phone of a Taiwanese group using traditional Chinese instruments to play "Livin' La Vida Loca". Heh.



So, that's what's up. For now? I should really be getting some sleep. For coming up? Tomorrow I'm going to see a movie and this weekend there's a Christmas party at my school. Talk at ya guys later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

By "marching band" you mean "standing band", right?

Looks like you are having quite a time!
To make you jealous, I just had 3 finals- back to back, to back.

-Sundberg

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Ted!