Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Pictures from Malaysia and Singapore finally!

The main reason I've been procrastinating on putting up pictures of Singapore and Malaysia is that I've been planning on sorting through the pictures, putting a bunch up on my web album, then putting a select few on my blog. The first two encompass a rather large task, so I decided instead of continuing to hold off on it, I'll put up a picture of every day on my trip. This was a little tough, because some days were mostly travel days and some were packed with so many different activities that choosing one photo would leave out another. I stuck to my guns and did it though! Here it goes.

11/24:


The reason I like this picture is that it shows our main activity of the day (visiting numerous religious temples, in this case a Hindu temple) with the backdrop of Singapore's skyscrapers. The immigrant population from China and South Asia make this city interesting in that it strives to be a global city representing much of Asia while also holding onto their old traditions.

11/25 (MY BIRTHDAY!):


The main activity of this day was a hike on a trail surrounding the city reservoir. That is a monkey in the middle of the picture.

11/26:


This is in the Cameron Highlands in Malaysia. We did a lot of hiking here and this is pretty typical of the sort of trail we hiked on: trees along with other vegetation on a dirt path. Many of our hikes had more hills to them, which were a little more fun, but this picture shows really well how pretty the surroundings were.

11/27:


This day was full of a lot of memorable activities, but I don't think anything surpassed the sunrise in the morning. There are hundreds of pictures of the sunrise, but I chose this one not only because the sky is exploding with colors in the background but also because I can show you the people I traveled with: Bottom row (L-R): Me (duh) and David. Top row (L-R): Janine, Ael (from France), Liz, Diana.

11/28:


Most of this day was taken up traveling to Taman Negara, but we did go on a night safari in the evening. This is one of the insects we saw on the safari, a stick insect.

11/29:


We were hanging out by a waterfall and our tour guides had some rocks that could be made into paint. My face got painted.

11/30:


This is in Kuala Lumpur. We're outside Seven-Eleven having some beers before going out to a bar. With us (on the right) are two people we met at the hostel from Australia, in Kuala Lumpur to volunteer at medical clinics. (Their names escape me at the moment.)

12/1:


Here we are at the Petronas Towers. This is after an hour and a half walk across Kuala Lumpur to get there.

I will put up the rest of the pictures soon and link the web album. I promise.

No comments: