Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My new class and other things

So I'm currently a little more than a week into my third (and final) semester or class at Shida. The course I'm taking is E-Commerce Digest. On the plus side, it's challenging, and on the minus side, it's hard. The teacher assigns a lot of homework as well; it's taking a bit of getting used-to going from writing 8-10 sentences/week to 40 or so including a weekly 5 minute speech. I was stressing out a lot about the class after the first two or three days but I think I'm starting to get used to the teacher more and learning a lot of the basic business vocab that I didn't know before going into the class. I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to keep on top of things...for now, anyway.

I tried out that martial arts class and ended up going again this week. I think it's pretty cool; the teacher (Fox, an American) is very knowledgeable and good at presenting the material. The style has a very different focus than the school I went to in the States, so I think if I keep going for the rest of my time here I'll still learn quite a bit. (I'm not turning my back on SKK though!)

One of our roommates moved out so I'm helping her find a place. Two people stopped by today. Both of them were pretty alright, but I found out in the ad she posted that she didn't put up the utility fee (which is rather high). Thus both people who came were somewhat in a shock. I've gotten calls from four different people in the past two days about the place. So, I've been busy with that recently.

Anyways, kickboxing tonight and who-knows-what-else the rest of the week. Talk atcha later!

2 comments:

noncoupable said...

You were only writing 8-10 sentences PER WEEK?! good lord... that's like one ICLP homework per class per day and we have 4 classes... this semester I averaged one 5-10 min speech (yanjiang) per week, 2-3 times per week with sentences, 1 newspaper article per day, plus normal prep e.g. approx 60 vocab words per day... I can't say I like the pace but now I know why people go to Shida and still have time for kickboxing while we dont

Anonymous said...

I'll totally move in with you!
You just need to relocate a bit closer ;-)

Later!