Monday, March 3, 2008

Quick!

My long weekend off from school was a good one. I didn't end up going anywhere but I spent a lot of quality time with my Taipei friends. Friday night I stayed in. Saturday night I had a rather crazy night, starting at the Beer Factory and continuing to a club. (Note to self: That's not something you should do every weekend, Ted.) Sunday night I hung out at my friend Jon's apartment, where we played some video games (he as a Japanese version of Super Smash Bros. Brawl) and ate.

Today I had a productive day on campus. I ate lunch, posted some kickboxing flyers, found which room my class was in, bought my book, and worked out. This evening I went to a Bagua practice. Bagua is a martial arts based on Taoist trigrams. It's a lot different from the martial arts I studied at home, and it isn't easy going from being a black belt in one form to being a neophyte in another, but I had fun. They've got a good group going there. I think I'll check it out next week as well.

Tomorrow I start my new semester. The class I'm taking is E-Commerce Digest, so we'll be reading newspaper-style articles on E-Commerce. It's at a lot higher level than my previous class was (level 5 to level 8), but I've studied newspaper articles in the US and I'm familiar with how the language works; I just need to get my character count up, and I think it will be advantageous doing such in a field I'm interested in.

I'll tell you guys how the class goes. That's all for now. Cya!

No comments: